This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed with Wine but can't see external drive

I installed Publisher97 with wine but from this program I cant see my external drive. How do I edit my publisher files on that disk?
    Linux beautiful to watch!<br />Kubuntu 10.4 with Canon MX310 in Samba network with Windows XP &amp; 7

Re: Installed with Wine but can't see external drive

How is your external disk formatted? NTFS? To see NTFS you will probably have to install the application: ntfs-3g
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Assuming your external drive has mounted properly, you can either use winecfg to define a drive letter for the external drive, or create a symbolic link in ~/.wine/dosdevices.

PS: I would recommend against installing ntfs-3g at this point. The current kernels can access ntfs drives directly. ntfs-3g uses a slightly different format than ntfs, and if you format a disk with ntfs-3g, the built in ntfs drivers will not recognize it.
      We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Where do I get this winefgc cant fin it in the repositories
        Linux beautiful to watch!<br />Kubuntu 10.4 with Canon MX310 in Samba network with Windows XP &amp; 7

Comment

I think that you just install Wine and then type wincfg to configure it.

From http://frankscorner.org/
          "I installed Wine, but there is no config file in ~/.wine.
          Wine doesn't use a config file anymore. All configuration options are now stored in ~/.wine/system.reg and ~/.wine/user.reg.
          Type winecfg to configure your Wine installation."
          "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
          "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Applications -> Wine -> Configure Wine

Comment

Originally posted by skunk
              Applications -> Wine -> Configure Wine
              There also is no network drive to go to

Comment

Working...
              X