X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to remove files

Hi

How can I remove these files? I tried as root in console but it didn't work, it says "no such file or directory"

Pic below

http://img91.imageshack.us/i/snapshot2o.png/

Thanks

Re: Unable to remove files

your screenshot dosent tell mutch......like file names.

but if thare in a folder and you dont mind removing the HOLE folder.....

it's
    Code:
    sudo rm -rf foldername
    and poof it's gone.........as long as your in the dir that contanes the folder.

uther wise you nead to spesafyi the path to the folder IE:/home/documents/savedstuff/foldertodelet

but you should have ben abel to do that from dolphin!!!!....??

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright

it's
      Code:
      sudo rm -rf foldername

uther wise you nead to spesafyi the path to the folder IE:/home/documents/savedstuff/foldertodelet

VINNY
      wow.
      Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Originally posted by muzicman0
        Originally posted by vinnywright

it's
        Code:
        sudo rm -rf foldername

VINNY
        wow.
        he he ....WOW what?

VINNY
        16GB RAM

Comment

OK, I was in a bit of a sarcastic mood, and I'm not normally like this, but I suggest a spell check in the future...
          Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

ya .......sorey I cant spell at all 47 years old and spell on a 3.5 grade level read on a colage level but spelling ............some weard form of spelling dislexia............good thing it's mkdir not makedirektorey..................LOL............a.. ..ya....

VINNY

PS the rm -rf was corect though.
            16GB RAM

Comment

Hey Vinny, I got a brother, age 58, who is the same way when it comes to spelling (but he has made more money than I have, even in the same business!). Don't worry about your spelling, pal, we need your Linux expertise here!!!

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike
                Hey Vinny, I got a brother, age 58, who is the same way when it comes to spelling (but he has made more money than I have, even in the same business!). Don't worry about your spelling, pal, we need your Linux expertise here!!!

.....aww shucks thanks.

VINNY

looks like we've hijacked this thread now though so how bought it OP (supperman) what happened when you tryed it in dolphin............or the comand line.

16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                X