This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sound works kmix doesn't

I have upgraded from 8.04 to 9.04. (I read after that you are not supposed to do it that way.) The reason I upgraded my new motherboard has a built in via 8237a sound card and I can hear everything fine, but I can't change the volume with kmix. From what I read, the newer alsa with 9.04 would cure that problem. The upgrade caused the kernel not to be used.( had to add it manually, 2.6.28.13). Still I can hear my sounds on all apps but the kmix doesn't work. It doesn't even mute when the box is checked. I read many many posts about sound problems but none like mine. At this point my head is spinning from all the "fixes" I have tried. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanx

Re: sound works kmix doesn't

Maybe PulseAudio is taking over, have you tried uninstalling it? (it didn't do any good hear to have it, and it didn't hurt to kick it out)

Comment

Re: sound works kmix doesn't

I don't think that is the problem. I had the problem before I had pulse audio. Also when I go to my multimedia settings I show 3 output devices. My card is listed twice. (analog and digital), as well as pulse audio. When I use the test button, analog and pulse audio both make sound. Digital does not. I'm sure my via vt8237a doesn't play nice with my system. I don't know why I have sound but can't control it.

Comment

Working...
      X