This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show desktop

Hi, though I'm not new to Linux, I'm new to KDE (always used gnome, but I'm starting to like KDE more ). I have a very simple question. Is there a key combination to show the desktop. Windows has the "windows key + D". How can I minimize all windows at once? Thanks

Re: Show desktop

Hi apple,

asaik this is still in the pipeline and we will have to wait for customizable keyboard shortcuts proper until next month, when KDE 4.3 hits the decks.

For now you may want to get friendly with what is there already. To get an overview go to system settings - keyboard & mouse - standard keybordshortcuts and global keyboardshortcuts

HTH
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

The way I am doing it now is to add the show desktop widget (forgot its exact name) in the taskbar (or in the plasmoid), then assign a shortcut key to it (I am using Super + D). Hope this helps.

Comment

Doh! So easy if you know how

Thanks
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Thanks, it worked

Comment

Working...
          X