X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.04 Screen resolution messed up

Hi,

I have 8.04 installed on my computer, and it's been working great. This morning I installed a "new" monitor, a Sharp LL-172A LCD flatscreen, and it looked a bit fuzzy, so I tried to reset the resolution to the recommended 1280x1024 in System Settings. It wasn't an option, so I did something I should never have done and changed the monitor from the detected "Plug'nPlay" option to the generic LCD 1280x1024 option, since this monitor wasn't listed under the manufacturers. Anyway, I got much lower resolution that is huge on the screen and I can't get it back to the way it was (it was on 1024x768 in the first place, which was a bit fuzzy but acceptable). Any other settings I try, I get different options on the resolution bar, but none as high as 1024x768. How can I get it back?

I looked in several other posts on here, but most are dealing with a different version of Kubuntu, and I don't want to mess anything else up.

Thanks!

Solved! 8.04 Screen resolution messed up

Solved! I managed to solve this problem by taking a hint from other posts on here to check out my xorg.conf file. I opened the file and it told me right there the command to update it automatically in Konsole. I did it and now I have all the options for resolution again, and I didn't have to manually edit xorg.conf, which I was a little nervous to do.

Hope this can work for others too!

Comment

Re: 8.04 Screen resolution messed up

where did u find that file? i am new to kubuntu and cant seem to find that file

thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
      X