This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange wifi trouble

ok so let me start out by telling to i installed kubuntu on my aspire one, but i could not get a hidden wifi signal meaning we have wifi just not broadcasting. anyhow then i installed gnome so i could go back and forth between kde and gnome simply by signing out and changing sessions. ok this is the weird part gnome is able to connectt to my hidden network, so when i log out of gnome and back into kde my wifi is working, untill i restart my computer then i have to start desktop jumping again. i think it mite have something to do with gnome gives you a menu to "connect to hidden network. i really hope you guys can help.
    thanks.

Re: Strange wifi trouble

Okay, 2 things:

It's not clear to me whether you have got the kde networking applet installed i.e can you see a wireless icon in the taskbar? If not, right click on the panel and select unlock widgets. Right click again and slect panel options/panel settings and select add widgets. In the resulting box choose the network applet and select add widget. The icon should then be in the panel. Clicking on the icon should then show all available networks.

On the other hand, you might like to take a look at wicd. Be warned that installing that will remove all other networking applications, including the standard network manager.

Comment

Re: Strange wifi trouble

ya i can see the little wifi icon in the corner.i just have to log into gnome and back inthe kde to get wifi to work , you think wicd would help?

Comment

Working...
      X