X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See my Windows Disk from Kubuntu

Hi,

I installed Kubuntu 9.04 and I was wondering how (if) I can see the contents of my Windows disk. Windows is installed on a striped array (raid 0), which combines SATA1 and SATA2 to SCSI0. Kubuntu has a physical harddisk all for itself located at SATA3. Is there any way how I can see (or mount) the SCSI0 drive so I can see my 'windows-files' in Kubuntu? (Would be nice to listen to my MP3's, watch my videos and see my documents in Kubuntu).

My configuation is:
    - AMD X2 4200+ (64-bit, i Installed the 64-bit Kubuntu version)
    - ATI Radeon HD 4850

Re: See my Windows Disk from Kubuntu

reading disks formated ntfs as a non-raid volume is very easy kubuntu will reconize them (but not mount them on boot) your problem is more that its a raid volume if you can break the raid (i.e a mirrored raid) you should be able to easily read either one of your disks. if you can't break the raid(or don't want to) you will need a raid tool for linux (sorry i have never had a raid on linux so i can't help with that). search in your package manager for RAID and see if any thing good comes up ( you should use synaptic to search it will find more then kpackagekit)
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
    X