X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 9.04 Dual Display & ATI Driver

Hello,

I installed Kubuntu 9.04 on my PC, and I have two questions:

- How can I install the correct driver for my ATI Radeon HD4850? Kubuntu detects my card and shows the hardware window with the message that a proprietary driver for my ATI card has been found, but when I click on 'Activate' nothing happens.

- I have two monitors attached to my videocard to extend my desktop, but Kubuntu clones my desktop so I see the same image on both screens. When I go to my display settings I see that Kubuntu detected both monitors (I can change settings for DVI-0 and DVI-1), but I don't see an option to extend my desktop. How can I extend my desktop so Kubuntu uses both my monitors?

My configuation is:
    - AMD X2 4200+ (64-bit, i Installed the 64-bit Kubuntu version)
    - ATI Radeon HD 4850

Re: Kubuntu 9.04 Dual Display & ATI Driver

1) When you press the Activate button the change is not instantaneous. Wait to see if something happens. It can take a while...

2) Dual Monitors. Have a look at http://maketecheasier.com/how-to-set...6/01#more-5053
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Re: Kubuntu 9.04 Dual Display & ATI Driver

Problem is that ATI drivers does not work with XOrg 1.6 that kubuntu/ubuntu 9.04 has. I am considering downgrade of X... still thinking.
      However, ATI said that will redo drivers. Lets see.
      Best regards,<br />Emil Beli

Comment

Working...
      X