Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to setup internet connection & play songs in Kubuntu?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to setup internet connection & play songs in Kubuntu?

I am the first time user of Kubuntu and switched from windows xp. I want to know the step by step procedure for connecting internet & listening to mp3 audio files in Kubuntu? Please help me.

I have dsl cable broadband modem with static ip. I use Kubuntu 9.04.

I am not so good at computers. I installed the Kubuntu inside the Windows in new partition.

Re: How to setup internet connection & play songs in Kubuntu?

If you have already connected your router/modem to your pc, you should see a little icon in the bottom right corner with a green tick. if not, some more information is needed.

If you want to browse the internet, the default browser is Konqueror and it is found by clicking in K -> Applications -> Internet -> Web Browser.
    If you prefer to use another browser, such as firefox, you can install it using KpackageKit.

Amarok is Kubuntu's default audio player. I believe that mp3 playback is supported 'out of the box'.
    To find Amarok, click K -> Applications -> Multimedia -> Audio Player.

Comment

i had the same problem... read this http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3104277.0

Edited: i have updated my topic and i found a solution for the internet problem. as for the sound, just install audacious, vlc, xmms or any other audio player/media player. just read the topic i've made and u'll see that u have everything there to make it work. Cheers!

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3104277.0

Comment

If you accept already affiliated your router/modem to your pc, you should see a little figure in the basal appropriate bend with a blooming tick. if not, some added advice is needed. If you wish to browse the internet, the absence browser is Konqueror and it is begin by beat in K -> Applications -> Internet -> Web Browser.
        If you adopt to use addition browser, such as firefox, you can install it application KpackageKit, Indianapolis web design!!!

Comment

Working...
        X