This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dektop Effects: Present Windows

To enable the "present windows" effect you have to hit CTRL+F9. But sometimes it happens automatically. Is it just a bug, or is there some hot spot on the screen that causes the "present windows" feature to activate without pressing the hot key?

Plus, is Compiz installed by default? I don't recall installing it and in kpackage I only have "compiz-wrapper" installed. Is that Compiz? Or just some accessory?

Thanks

Re: Dektop Effects: Present Windows

By default, moving the mouse to the upper left corner of the screen will invoke "present windows". Gesture can be changed in System Settings.

Comment

Originally posted by melchizedek
      Plus, is Compiz installed by default?
      No. By default kubuntu uses kwin's (KDE window manager) own 3d effects. You can install compiz (compiz-kde) if you want (personally I prefer kwin)

Originally posted by melchizedek
      I don't recall installing it and in kpackage I only have "compiz-wrapper" installed. Is that Compiz? Or just some accessory?
      It's just a wrapper script as the name suggests, from the description:
      This package contains the wrapper script for testing if Compiz should be
      started. It is used by Compiz and KWin.

Comment

You can change all your desktop effects any time by going into System Settings / Desktop (which is under the 'Look & Feel' heading). There are six active screen edges. If you assign an effect to one, make sure to actually activate the effect under 'All Effects'!

Comment

Thanks for the answers guys

Comment

Working...
          X