X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Change Font Sizes

Hi all,

Just installed Kubuntu 9.04 and all is well apart from the font size. It's a bit tiny. I've tried messing about with the Firefox fonts and the fonts under "appearance" but can't seem to alter the size. Enclosed is a screenshot with a black circle showing which fonts I'd like to see enlarged.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Flltf52rfN.../snapshot1.png

Any "specific" ideas?

Re: Change Font Sizes

Sure, I'll give this one a shot. I'm using KDE3 on Hardy though, so it might not work for you.

K Menu -> System Settings -> Appearance -> GTK Styles and Fonts
    Welcome newbies!
    Verify the ISO
    Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

In the system settings, go to Appearance, and then select Fonts from the left menu. You should have the option "Force fonts DPI". Try setting this to 96 DPI. That should change the size at which all user interface fonts are rendered.

Comment

I have not done this, personally, but I see in Firefox that you can specify a minimum font size -- have you tried that?

Edit>Preferences>Content, under "Fonts & Colors" choose "Advanced", and about halfway down the window is a "minimum size" dialog/button.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
          I have not done this, personally, but I see in Firefox that you can specify a minimum font size -- have you tried that?
          That setting only affects text rendered on the page. It doesn't change the font for the UI components of Firefox. See image linked in OP.
          Welcome newbies!
          Verify the ISO
          Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Originally posted by Telengard
            That setting only affects text rendered on the page. It doesn't change the font for the UI components of Firefox.
            It did for me. That's why I suggested it, because I had the same problem as the OP, and solved it by forcing the fonts DPI. This will affect the size of the UI fonts for both QT and GTK apps.

Comment

Yep...forcing the fonts DPI solved the problem.

Much obliged chaps. I can now actually see things

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Bumpy
                That setting only affects text rendered on the page. It doesn't change the font for the UI components of Firefox.
                It did for me. That's why I suggested it, because I had the same problem as the OP, and solved it by forcing the fonts DPI. This will affect the size of the UI fonts for both QT and GTK apps.
                Okay Mr_Bumpy, and your suggestion solved the OP's problem. But in case you didn't notice, I was responding to dibl's post.
                Welcome newbies!
                Verify the ISO
                Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Change Font Sizes

Oh, whoops... not paying enough attention, there Glad to hear it worked for you, melchizedek!

Comment

I was responding to dibl's post.

dibl stands corrected!

Seriously, this is good to know -- this isn't the first time the question has been asked. Thanks, Telengard!

Comment

Working...
                    X