Using this tutorial
    Code:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=943626
    I am now able to scan but still I am unable to print from OpenOffice.org

When I try to print from OpenOffice.org I get error :

Code:
    Error while printing

Re: Canon PIXMA MP220

Check the paper size. Sometimes by default it is set as US Letter when the paper in the printer might be e.g. A4.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Can you print from another application, preferably a KDE one (e.g. okular, kate) or is it just OO.org ?
      I had issues recently printing from gtk apps.

Comment

Paper size is A4 and I cant print from any other applications.

Comment

Please check out this page at the Open Printing Database. Basically, it defines the printer as a "paperweight", i.e. a printer that doesn't work with Linux, but then tells you to install the gutenprint package.

The thread you pointed to at our sister forum was entitled "Howto: Get the Canon MP210 and MP220 scan-copy-printers to work in Ubuntu Hardy" In that thread, it points out that while the printer worked with one Linux kernel, it did not work with a later kernel, nor did it work with a 64 bit kernel. Therefore: unless you're using Hardy (which was the last KDE3 release) and an outdated kernel, you may be in trouble. However, the fact that you got the scanner working suggests that you MAY be able to get the printer going as well.

Comment

(Solved)Canon PIXMA MP220

After reinstalling Kubuntu recognized my printer and all what I have to do is to configure it in System > Printer Configuration.

It now works

Comment

Working...
            X