Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Laptops known to work with Kununtu 8 or 9 ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any Laptops known to work with Kununtu 8 or 9 ?

What stability problems are you having, crashes etc? Is there any consistency in the things you are doing when it falls over?

Importantly, have you done your updates since installing and also are you running the most up to date version of KDE 4.2? See here for the last point

http://www.kubuntu.org/month/2009/06

Hope this helps

Comment

I do have some breakdowns, with no specific reason... I just downloaded and installed kubuntu... I make the updates from software manager , right? thank you very much on advance...

Comment

My Acer Travelmate 5720 is flawless, after following the Kubuntu sections of the following threads:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1130582 (I used Optimal, happy days !)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683 (read carefully, just do the most recent Kubuntu stuff ...)

Comment

I just purchased a new

HP Pavilion dv7-1245dx Notebook PC - AMD Turion X2 RM-72 2.1GHz, 4GB, 320GB, DVDRW, 17” WXGA+, Vista Home Premium 64-bit,

Will this laptop work with Kubuntu 8.10? I was useing the 8.04 version of Kubuntu on a Compaq Pesario 900 and it worked great. It was my first laptop with out windows and would like to set the new one up without to.

thanks

Comment

Perhaps it would be worth your while to try it first with a live cd to test it. Have you got a live cd of Kubuntu? (make sure it is a 64 bit tho.

Stick in the cd and fire her up under a test. Ie hit f12 when you boot and select boot option > to boot from cd and then select TEST not Install Kubuntu and let us know if you have any troubles
            Running Kubuntu Karmic Koala&nbsp; with KDE 4.3 at home<br /><br />Kubuntu user 24342<br /><br />Running Dell Inspiron 530 Dual Core 3ghz<br /><br />and also running Kubuntu on a Lenovo thinkpad using a live pen drive<br /><br />Still no Microsoft here!

Comment

i have a dell latutide c840 w/ a gb of ram running
              9.04 (32bit) using the nvidia driver 96 (legacy) running kde 4.3beta2 w/ compiz

and everything works just fine (i have not tried to use the built in modem ever)
              Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
              (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Re: Any Laptops known to work with Kununtu 8 or 9 ? (Dell Mini 9)

I run my Dell Mini 9 on Kubuntu 9.04 (KDE 4.2.2) and after a few issues, it runs great....
                Billy in Sugar Land Texas USA <br />Dell Optiplex GX260/2.4 GHz, 2GB RAM / Dual 160GB HDD&#39;s, Nvidia GeForce FX5500 <br />Obsidian Black Dell Inspiron Mini 9 - 2GB RAM - 16GB SSD - Kubuntu 9.04

Comment

I'm running 8.04 on a stock Dell 5150 Inspiron. No insurmountable problems.
                  - enfield

Comment

Originally posted by jpenguin
                    My MacBook run Kubuntu 9.04 64-bit fine.
                    Sweet. I want to do that. What model MacBook are you running?

Comment

No problem with my Acer Aspire 5100. Even the web cam works...
                      Desktop<br />MSI K9A2 Platinum AMD Phenom II 940 BE @3.3Ghz&nbsp; 8GB DDR2 1066&nbsp;&nbsp; <br />2x Sapphire Radeon 4850 1GB GDDR3<br />WD 320GB SATA2&nbsp;&nbsp; Maxtor 1TB SATA2<br /><br /><br />Laptop<br />Acer Aspire 5100&nbsp; AMD Turion x2 TL60 2Ghz&nbsp; 4GB DDR2 667<br />ATI M200 Express 1100&nbsp;&nbsp; Fujitsu 320GB Sata2

Comment

Working...
                      X