This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maya44 MKII. How to install?

Hey world Grin (Yup, first thing im ever writing in linux)

Im a musician and record a lot of my stuff. I use either cubase or nuendo (which i dont know if will work on linux --- but ill try later). For those, i need a decent sound card, and i own a Maya 44 MKII

Thingy is, i cant seem to use it. As i understand, Linux doesnt ask for every single driver, but it did for the graphic card, which is now installed properly... but it didnt with my Maya. I cant listen to any music while i learn how to travel around this new OS. (New to me, that is...)

I looked in the Audiotrak webpage but they dont have anything like linux drivers for anything. What should i do?

(BTW, if you give me commands to use, id like to ask you to explain what im doing. the best way to learn is to practice, but cannot practice much without knowing what im doing, right?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Maya44 MKII. How to install?

Look at "HOWTO: Get your ESI MAYA 44 to work" on http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=868227
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Re: Maya44 MKII. How to install?

Originally posted by arochester
      Look at "HOWTO: Get your ESI MAYA 44 to work" on http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=868227
      will do, many thanks

EDIT: I checked the topic and sadly its of no use for me, because i have an AUDIOTRAK Maya44 MKII, its a pci and simply a different piece of hardware... im guessing its simply not supported. any ideas?

Oh and by the way, in that topic they were talking about a device manager, but for ubuntu. does kubuntu have something like that?

Comment

Working...
      X