This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

program will not run --Kmix

Just a small problem. My desktop crashed - kwin or plasma and i lost most of my taskbar settings. Got most back exept the kmix and volume control icon. I cant get kmix to run. it tries to open but won't. have reinstalled it but no go. the volume contol in the taskbar came from kmix i believe but cant' get it back if i can't run kmix. need some help. thanks

Re: program will not run --Kmix

You probably just have to put the 'System Tray' widget back in the taskbar
    Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Re: program will not run --Kmix (Solved)

Thanks for the system tray widget that needed put back. I still can't get kmix to run unless I use konsole. If I just use cammand line it will not run. always takes two tries in konsole using sudo kmix. but I now have the icon and master control back. thanks.

Comment

Re: program will not run --Kmix

If something on desktop messes up after some fiddling in early stages of customizations, it always worth to reset plasma, because after that the desktop will be again like after fresh install of the new version:

1. Press Ctrl+Esc, kill plasma, screen will be black
        2. Press Alt+F2. It will launch KRunner, run Dolphin and delete or rename .kde directory in your home. System will create the new .kde
        3. Run plasma from KRunner.

You will lose some settings, if you have done some. In .kde there are KMail files and Krusader User actions for example.
        Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Working...
        X