This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blocked updates

I opened the update notifier today and it informed me that there are 13 updates and 64 blocked updates
    Why would they tell me a bout updates that are blocked?
    When you stop learning you die.

Re: Blocked updates

Try this:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...9442#msg179442
    Kubuntu user since initial release version 5.04 8)

Comment

I have tried the suggestions in that thread. And while it *is* very useful to resolve some problems, even after following the instructions there, I still have 38 blocked updates.

This has killed my KDE desktop, as it is no longer even available as a choice when I log in. Fortunately, I had LXDE installed as well, which I'm beginning to like better and better.. . .

Could it be that the repositories are just not fully updated yet?

Thanks,
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mluffman
        I have tried the suggestions in that thread. And while it *is* very useful to resolve some problems, even after following the instructions there, I still have 38 blocked updates.

This has killed my KDE desktop, as it is no longer even available as a choice when I log in. Fortunately, I had LXDE installed as well, which I'm beginning to like better and better.. . .

Could it be that the repositories are just not fully updated yet?

Thanks,
        Mike
        Try again now. I had the same problem and apparently it was related to an unmet QT dependency. I just ran another apt-get upgrade and I'm back in business with all packages upgraded to 4.2.4

Comment

I forgot to mention that I had to also reinstall the kubuntu-desktop package since it got uninstalled in my efforts to figure out what was going on.

Comment

Ok, I had to reinstall the kubuntu-desktop package as well. It does come up now and everything seems to be OK. The Kate package is still blocked, but it's not a big deal. Also a few plasmoids are missing as they were removed during the update.

What a hassle. Love the eye candy in KDE and the familiarity of it, but I think I'll be going with LXDE from this point on.

Thanks,
            Mike

Comment

Working...
            X