This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Windows Flip" in Kubuntu?

Is there a key configuration to do this?

I found this on kde-look and it is exactly what I'm looking to do:

[img width=400 height=250]http://www.kde-look.org/CONTENT/content-pre2/91630-2.jpg[/img]

Re: "Windows Flip" in Kubuntu?

Go to Systemsettings>Desktop>DesktopEffects
    There is a drop down box for changing the window switch effect...after which Alt+Tab (the shortcut is configurable in shortcut settings) will use that effect. You need desktop effects enabled, of course.

Comment

Is this feature available is KDE 4.1? coz i dont see that drop down option u r mentioning about.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianKamikaze
        Is this feature available is KDE 4.1? coz i dont see that drop down option u r mentioning about.
        The configuration module has changed quite a bit since 4.1, but the "flip switch" effect should still be there (according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KWin)

Check the "All effects" tab in the configuration dialog for the "Flip Switch" effect and enable it (you can configure individual effects by clicking the "wrench" button associated with the effect)

There is also a similar, but slightly different "Cover Switch" effect available.

Comment

I have additional question. Alt+Tab work for me for flip switch. But I am lokoing for REVERSE flip switch which I would like to asign Alt+Shift+Tab.
          When I try to assign this key combination, after pressing Alt+Shift I get error message - This key combination is not supported by Qt.

How can I assign this keys? Do I have bad keyboard?

Second question: Is it possible to have both windows switching - After Alt+Tab windows are switched without any desktop effects and after Win+Tab flipswitch is used?

Comment

Originally posted by jurco
            I have additional question. Alt+Tab work for me for flip switch. But I am lokoing for REVERSE flip switch which I would like to asign Alt+Shift+Tab.
            When I try to assign this key combination, after pressing Alt+Shift I get error message - This key combination is not supported by Qt.
            Alt+Shift+Tab combination seems to be problematic. On my Karmic machine (with KDE4.3 beta1, qt 4.5.1) it is recognized as Alt+Backtab, but still doesn't work as expected. As a workaround (and because I generally don't like three key combos for frequently used shortcuts), I've assigned window switching to 'Meta+left' (back) and 'Meta+right' (forward)...perhaps you can figure a key combo that works for you.

Second question: Is it possible to have both windows switching - After Alt+Tab windows are switched without any desktop effects and after Win+Tab flipswitch is used?
            After quick testing, I couldn't find an easy way to configure this...which of course doesn't mean it's impossible.

Comment

Working...
            X