This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skanlite preview slow

Looking for a simple scanning app, I stumbled upon Skanlite. It is indeed very simple and has the lack of options which is ideal for one of my users.
    However there is one problem:
    Skanlite starts up with a default dpi setting of 600 And there seems to be no possibility to change that behaviour. Worse still, when I want to make a preview (example? -not to sure about the English term, using a Dutch translation) it scans with a dpi setting of 900. And that is very, very slow.

Does anyone know how to change it?

roelof

Skanlite version 0.3, KDE 4.2.3 , kernel 2.6.28.11, 64 bits

Re: Skanlite preview slow

I just downloaded skanlite and ran it. It does not switch to 900 dpi on preview.

The actual scan rate can be changed by placing your cursor in the window showing the default 600 dpi and typing in a new values.

Skanlite version 0.3, KDE 4.2.2 , kernel 2.6.28.12, 64 bits
    The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason .....Benjamin Franklin<br />Kubuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Xbuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Win7 x64 Ultimate<br />Linux User: 416878&nbsp; &nbsp; Kubuntu User: 22154

Comment

Re: Skanlite preview slow

Thanks for the answer.
      But I didn't make my self very clear. Stupid me.

I knew how to change DPI settings when the program is running. I was just wondering if one could change something somewhere so that the program starts with another default DPI setting.

The other problem, the preview scanning was very slow. It changed after I removed one of the .conf files from /etc/sane.d/ I could choose from. (epson.conf and epson2.conf) I don't know why there were two identical files installed. I only have one scanner. Anyway, the preview mode is behaving fairly decent now.

roelof

Comment

Working...
      X