This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can not get wireless to connect.

hey guys, im using kubuntu 9.04 and when i attempted to run the live CD with my desktop i could not get my wireless card to work at all. i tried ndiswrapper and a few other things my final result was this:

iwlist says:

wlan0 Failed to read scan data : Resource temporarily unavailable

so i decided i would try it on another PC so i booted my laptop and i opened network manager and found wireless n etworks in the area. but i could not connect to them i entered all the information network manager wanted me to but things still wouldnt work. so i tried to install WICD but i had a bunch of problems doing this too. i had to uninstall the network-manager and install a bunch of python packages that wouldn't install.

any ideas anyone?

Re: can not get wireless to connect.

i dont think it works through live cd.

Comment

Re: can not get wireless to connect.

ya you wont get far installing /uninstalling runing live...........ndiswrapper maby......if done right

you do have the XP drivers for your wirless device right? .......I ask becose the more I think that at least should have worked!!!! --- ndiswrapper that is...

and how mutch RAM dose the box have youed want at least 512 I think ......my'ns onley 383 and the livecd would run but notesably slow and it had swap avalable!!!.....knowing it would be better after installing it dident bother me ..... .......and it is inded quite fine now

VINNY

i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
      X