This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmouse tool window appears every time Kubuntu is started

New to Kubuntu and still finding my way around, so forgive what must be a really dumb question.
    After exploring Kubuntu's various settings, I find that every time I start Kubuntu the Kmouse settings window appears on my desktop. I cannot find any way to modify settings to turn off this "feature".
    Can someone tell me how to stop this from happening?

Thnx
    Volunteer 'buntu installer/support guy

Re: Kmouse tool window appears every time Kubuntu is started

I suspect that at some point, while tuning your system, you must have clicked the K->SystemSettings->SessionManager->"On Login"-"RestorePreviousSettings" button (unless that's the default). In any event, you want to change it to either "Restore Manually Saved Session" or "Start With Empty Session".

If you want to start with a manually saved session, you'll have to save one (unless, you already did, and that's your problem).

Comment

Re: Kmouse tool window appears every time Kubuntu is started

Thanks for the help, askrieger. You were right, I had done just as you suggested so I checked "Start with Empty Session".

But when I re-started the machine, the Kmouse tool appeared again ?.

I went back to System Settings and played around with the Autostart Script file settings because I noticed that there was an autostart entry for Kmousetool. I changed that setting but eventually changed it back to its original setting when nothing seemed to work. At one point I could not even shut down the computer, but eventually I did manage to eliminate the Kmousetool from the opening Desktop.

Question: Does the script for Kmousetools need to be in Autostart at all?

I became intrigued with Kubuntu when I realized that most of the preferred applications I was using with Ubuntu were, in fact, developed by KDE aficionados. Still not sure of the politics of the 'buntu bunch. So far I am impressed with what I have found though Kubuntu is more complex and I can see why people who are new to Linux are often directed to Ubuntu rather than Kubuntu.

Thanks again
      Volunteer 'buntu installer/support guy

Comment

Working...
      X