This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vista RDC to Kubuntu KRFB

Hello all, I have spent the morning messing with KRFB and can't seem to connect to my Kubuntu machine properly from Vista Ultimate. Here is what i've tried:

Opened KRFB and allow incoming invitations.
    Opened Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) in Vista and told it to connect to my Kubuntu box (192.168.1.106:5900). When I hit connect a popup comes up on Kubuntu, to which I hit ACCEPT, and at the same time the RDC on my vista machine errors out saying that the protocols aren't correct.

I then downloaded TightVNC to my Vista machine. I am able to connect but the graphics are extremely distorted. Looking at the screen on my ubuntu box it is clear that the mouse position is off horizontally by about 3 inches, so when it looks like I'm clicking to minimize a window, in fact I am 3 inches away from the actual button.

Then I tried UltraVNC on my Vista machine. It has the same issues that TightVNC did as far as the graphics being distorted and the cursor position being incorrect.

What gives? Is there anything I can install on my Kubuntu box that will accept INCOMING connections for RDC? Clearly it has the button to connect TO windows boxes, but I haven't found anything to accept incoming...

Re: Vista RDC to Kubuntu KRFB

I just looked in synaptic and there is TightVNCserver & XTightVNCvewer + others in the list of a serch for vnc .

mabey the windows and linux ver. of the same program will play nice........ lol

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Re: Vista RDC to Kubuntu KRFB

No other suggestions? I'd really like to get this working!

Comment

Working...
      X