Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i find the Add/Remove in Kubuntu?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i find the Add/Remove in Kubuntu?

Hi

i've used Xubuntu a little bit and just switched to Kubuntu and i could'nt figure out how to install firefox (or any other program) wit the Software Manager (KPackageKit) thingy and "sudo apt-get install whatever" doesn't seem to work either but maybee i'm doing something wrong with terminal since i never used it before. I've tried to find something useful before asking but all pages just say "Aplications -> Add/Remove" so could someone please explain to me how to install something in Kubuntu 9.04...

Re: How do i find the Add/Remove in Kubuntu?

when you did .... sudo apt-get install whatever ............did you get eney error's

if so post them becose THAT should have worked!!

kpackegkit is a little bugey but it dose work to (sorta)

try.

Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    then

Code:
    sudo apt-get install synaptic
    synaptic is a packedg maneger that a lot of pepole (me as well) are having beter luck with...........
    if you get it instaled log out and in to get it in the apps. list.............or at least I had to.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

When you use the command line start with
      Code:
      sudo apt-get update
      That way the system knows what's available.

And indeed, even though Adept is native to KDE, Synaptic is the most complete of the package managers

Comment

I suspect .ICEauthority problem. Maybe if you rename it and then restart X, it will straighten out. That or .kde.

Comment

thnx =) the sudo apt-get update fixed my problem. The error i was getting was something like "package doesn't exist + more txt" but now everything works fine!

Comment

Working...
          X