This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I install from a .iso disk?

Hi all, the download I created has, it seems, one .iso file - is that enough to boot and install kubuntu on a machine?

Thanks!!

Re: Can I install from a .iso disk?

Yes, after you burn it (correctly) to a CD ROM. Check #1 in the FAQs in my signature.

Comment

...or, if you have downloaded to Linux, if you put it on a USB stick with the application called: unetbootin ...
      "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
      "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Actually, if you're working from Linux, you don't even have to BURN the iso! See this thread. On the other hand, if you're starting from Windows, read this page and the references cited therein.

Comment

Thanks - I tried to boot and install from the CD but it doesn't even allow the disk to be read - instead it just runs its normal boot process. What I have to do it work out how to boot from CD - I know that every laptop is al little different. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Usually it's a matter of hitting F8 or ESC early in the boot process.

Comment

Originally posted by listerdl
              Thanks - I tried to boot and install from the CD but it doesn't even allow the disk to be read - instead it just runs its normal boot process. What I have to do it work out how to boot from CD - I know that every laptop is al little different. Thanks for the help.
              first you half to get to your BIOS setings usualey F1, F2 esc, or delete(on older stuff)
              as soon as the box powers on(pick one and just start taping it after you turn on the power)
              OR it may be displaed for a second at power on ... somthing like setup F1 on the screen for a sec. befor boot
              THEN go to boot options and put the cd/dvd as first boot device.

or you may have a bad burn if cd/dvd IS first boot device.

an .ISO image has to be burned AS disk image if you burned as data disk..............you have a coaster.
              + you should burn a .iso at the slowest speed!!!!.............and as disk image or iso image depending on what your burning program call's it

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis
                Usually it's a matter of hitting F8 or ESC early in the boot process.
                Or, F11 on a Sony...
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
                X