This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alt-F1 (KRunner) doesn't work

I found a post where the fix to Alt-F1 not working (KRunner) not working is to program it back into KMenu again.

Well when I try to do this, it says that Alt-F1 key combination is taken by KRunner!

What am I doing wrong?

thanks...

Re: Alt-F1 (KRunner) doesn't work

On my system the run command is alt+F2

Comment

In order to help you, we're going to need a little more information. Can you provide a reference to the post that you found so that someone else can check it out to see if it is relevant to your problem? Also, can you give us some details to chew on? Does the menu fail to appear? Does it appear, but you can't use it? What's happening?

Comment

The problem I am having is, when I hit Alt-F1, nothing happens. (When I hit Alt-F2, that brings up the Run menu).

Here is the link to the fix for this problem:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3102931.0

When I follow the directions in the post, there is "none" under the keyboard shortcut settings menu. When I click on it and enter in "Alt-F1" it says "The shortcut Alt-F1 conflicts with the following key combinations: Shortcut Alt-F1 in Application Plasma Workspace for action Application Launcher"

Comment

Hi

So you mean lickoff and not krunner? Must confess I had allocated the meta+spacebar to that but I have as an experiment reassigned it to Alt+F1.

I got the same error message as you - because the system is aware that alt+F1 is already assigned to it. I was persistent and gave it a couple of goes and it finally gave in and asked me if I wanted to reassign. Selecting yes then changed it. So it does work but if yours is the same as mine, it needs forcing.

Comment

Working...
          X