X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notification Popups background/text colour

Hi

Just upgraded to 9.04 and the popup notifications now have a black background with a dark grey text colour. I find this really hard to read but just can't find where to change it. Can anyone help me please?

Stu

Re: Notification Popups background/text colour

Few ways:

1) Don't use the plasma notifications. The old way > Topic: New style progress bar

2) Use another plasma theme. The Air (>KDE-Look.org/Air) has gray background and black text.

3) Use a customized theme. System Settings > (Advanced) > Desktop Theme Details > Color Scheme

Choose another Color Scheme. The Glassified theme with the Oxygen Color Scheme

4) Build a own theme > Development/Tutorials/Plasma/Theme. The easy way is to edit an existing theme.
    Theme Colors

You can provide a plasma color scheme that will allow text, selected backgrounds and other items to blend well with your theme by supplying a colors file in your theme folder...
    If you install a theme - Right click desktop > Apperance Settings > New theme - they are saved at:
    ~/.kde/share/apps/desktoptheme/ (/home/<YOUR_USERNAME>/.kde/share/apps/desktoptheme/)

File ~/.kde/share/apps/desktoptheme/<THEME_NAME>/colors has a line:
    Code:
    [Colors:Window]
    ForegroundNormal=255,0,0
    RGB 255,0,0 is red and you will get notifications with red text.

Note !
    This will affect other plasmoids if they don't have text color settings at the settings.

Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Re: Notification Popups background/text colour

wow, that's one hell of an answer, cheers mate, i'l give it a go

Comment

Working...
      X