This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grub bootsplash not displayed

I've just modified my grub boot settings and my splashimage doesn't come up during bootup, I've searched for /boot/grub/stage1 and it showed it's on (hd0,5)
    so I've inserted splashimage=(hd0,5)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz in menu.lst and do update-grub but nothing seems to happen...

Plus In boot up it shows that my partition is ext4 which it is... but in when I boot a live cd of BT3 the partition manager shows that my partition is ext3... is this what's causing my splashimage not showing
    "Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be defined by stupidity"

Re: Grub bootsplash not displayed

Which version of Kubuntu are you running?

In JJ I use the grub editor in system settings.

Check and see if kgrubeditor is available in your repos.

There are also few nice grub-slash images in the repos.

You can also use your own images.

Very nice and reliable tool.
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=75442
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by Fintan
      Which version of Kubuntu are you running?
      I'm using jaunty thanks I'll be trying that out...

Comment

There's no "=" sign in the line in /boot/grub/menu.lst. Here is mine:

splashimage (hd0,0)/boot/grub/splashimages/castle_chelon.xpm.gz
        Also, note that if you have installed the grubsplash package, it creates a subdirectory under /boot/grub so you should put your images in that subdirectory, named /boot/grub/splashimages.

Comment

sorry for the late reply I just re-installed kubuntu jaunty, had some prob with repos... btw the image is still not showing and when I do update-grub it shows that it found my splash image but still wasn't showing during boot-up I'll try if the file is the pron maybe I'll try a diffrent image...

Comment

***Update***

Just got my grub bootsplash working seems that the file was the culprit, change it to a new file and it worked... Thanks for the advice guys...

Comment

Working...
            X