Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ndiswrapper modprobe 2100 intel wireless??????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ndiswrapper modprobe 2100 intel wireless??????

ok, so i have been trying to install the native "drivers" for my intel wireless card that i find through sourceforge. I have downloaded the ieee80211 subystem tar, the IPW2100 tar and the ipw2100-fw ta from ieee80211.sf.net andipw2100.sf.net respectively. NOW! I am a complete beginner and dont understand at all how the crap to load these things correctly. What folder do i unzip them to and how do i install from there?? I have tried using modprobe, but i dont know the proper specific modprobe commands. id like to not use ndiswapper, so i can keep the drivers native.
    could you guys look at the packages i gave you and their instructions and tell me how to work this?
    And once i do get these things going how do i connect to a specific network or put in wep codes etc? am i going to have to use the console for that too?

thanks guys,
    mike G....someone who has only ever used windows and macOS

and...hey, i know you guys hear this all the time, but why is this so difficult? why does kubuntu have so many interesting programs with a good gui, but when it comes to installing a driver i cant just point and click, or just open an script/executable of some kind? how about an install new hardware option? I want to learn the console, but its supposed to be user friendly.

Re: ndiswrapper modprobe 2100 intel wireless

Are you sure these drivers are not installed by default? Intel is usually well supported, i think you should not have to install any drivers.
    As you downloaded these drivers from sourceforge, they are open source and should be in the repositories. If you are sure the drivers are not already installed, I suggest opening KPackageKit (adept, if you are using a version older than jaunty) and searching there.
    I think there is a point-and-click way, you just haven't found it yet.
    But maybe someone who has the actual card could help more. I suggest that you change the title of the post to something more understandable, like "How to install drivers for intel wireless 2100?"

Comment

Working...
    X