This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not log-in

HELP! I can't login to my kubuntu! I was trying to fix a screen bug (which was happening on okular) and changed something from the settings for the screen. i can't remember where excactly but it was the last option of somewhere where there were two more options for two lines or three lines (or something similar!). After choosing that the system threw me out to the log-in screen and every time I type my password it tries to load, then a black screen comes out and it tekes me back to the log-in screen.
    I've already to fix it from the recovery mode but still nothing happened.

Thank you for your time trying to help me!

P.S. Sorry if my english is bad!!!

Re: Can not log-in

Isn't anyone that can help me here . I suppose the only solution is formating and reinstalling kubuntu....

Comment

The CD comes with a rescue system mode. Have you tried it?
      Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Comment

When you say you have tried to fix it from rescue mode, have you tried the fix x option?

Comment

yes, but still nothing happened.
          I also tried the line : ''sudo dpkg-reconfigure kdm'' from shell (in recovery mode) which I've been told to try from the greek forum of ubuntu but nothing happened also

I haven't tried with the cd yet bexause I downloated the 8.10 version and then upgrated to the 9.04.
          I''l download tonight the new version, burn it and try with the cd if i can do anything.
          Meanwhile, isn't there any way to change that setting I have put from shell so everything will be just right before that setting?

Comment

Working...
          X