Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installed Kubuntu on PC Son built and gave me, install seems fine, what next?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Installed Kubuntu on PC Son built and gave me, install seems fine, what next?

aaaa yes sorey I for got that the notafyier onley gives the 2 choises and I cant remember how to add more at the moment..................................eney way most of your players should play the cd just fine................ witch ones do you have?

open one (exept amarok thay cut his cd ability ) and pont it to the cd.

I think kaffeine is the default when you first install just open it and click play cd

or for just cd playback install Kscd.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install kscd
    you still wont get the option in the device notafyer but put a cd in and open kscd and hit play and it dose.

VINNY

PS: eney one remember how to add "open with" watever to the device noafyier??
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Re: Installed Kubuntu on PC Son built and gave me, install seems fine, what next?

Hello,

I am going to, I guess you could say end this thread as it is getting rather long, and post in other places now.

I want to thank you all for your very fast, efficient, sufficient and enthusiastic responses. I have only gotten responses similar to this, on one other forum, and it wasn't concerning this project.

I do have some unfinished business, concerning my starting with Kubuntu, but it can be hashed out in other sections, I believe. And as in an "Always Learning" situation, I think its safe to say that the business will never be finished and that is really the way I would have it to be. FUN! FUN! FUN!

Like the possibility of "Auto Playing" a CD with the CD ROM.

And I actually think I may have used the wrong Kubuntu install as the machine in question has an AMD CPU and I was reading that if it is a certain kind of AMD you still use the other install, so I used that one instead. Now, it is blocking 4 packages from installing on a regular basis, but everything seems to be running and working fine.

Also a friend of mine has a PC we might want to install Kubuntu on and he doesn't have it on-line, so I would need to download all packages, etc... to CD's or DVD's and install them on that machine manually or off-line it that is possible.

Alas I will post these situations in other sections and threads.

Should this thread be locked?

Thanks again for all of the help!
      Honor Yourself with Truth and Fairness! Your Word is Your Bond! Give Your Word Power by Adhering to it!

Comment

Working...
      X