This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Install Kubuntu

Alright, I am a super n0ob to linux. I'm trying to install it to an older IDE hard drive just to play with it. Everytime I try to install it it gives me the following error:
    init: rc-default main process (3473) terminated with status 127. I've noticed that the number 3473 is different every time. This also happens with I try to boot kubuntu up without installing it. I'd really like to use linux so if anyone knows how to fix this or can help me in anyway, it'd be awesome.

Thanks

also, my specs are:
    Pentium 4 2.93
    4 GB DDR2 RAM

Re: Can't Install Kubuntu

Instead of Install, select Check CD for defects and see what it says.

Comment

I did that and it said it had no errors

Comment

What happens if you try booting the CD into Safe Graphics mode?

Edited to add:
        and which version are you trying to install?

Comment

Have a look at this: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=197.0
          It has lots of information and helpful hints. Hope it helps.
          HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

Well if you got windows check that the drive is fully operational. Do a thorough surface check(takes a while) and try to fix errors found option as well. The drive could have bad sectors and that could be interfering with the whole process. Or the drive might have some kind of other inert electronics/and or mechanical fault. Also is your machine a Desktop or a Laptop? if so then what kind of Ide connection do you use. Make sure and make the drive be master(top of the ide ribbon) and, that the dvd drive rear selector pin to slave or cs/cable select slot. Might be a communication error of sorts to that.

Comment

Working...
            X