Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with recognizing Wireless Card (solved)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problems with recognizing Wireless Card

That suggests that you do not have all repositories enabled.

Go into kpakagekit and select sources (I'm not too familiar with kpackagekit so you will need to poke about). Ensure all appropriate sources are ticked (including unsupported updates if you want some of the "latest releases"). On closing the window your sources and packages will be updated. Can you then type wicd in the selection box in kpackagekit. Does it show as available?

If not, we can try the other way.

Right click on the desktop and select unlock widgets. Then right click on the panel and select panel settings and then panel settings. A bar should then appear cross the top of the panel. Select "add widgets" and a pane will appear. One of the widgets will be a network icon. Select add widget and it should appera in the panel. Close that pane and then right click on desktop and lock widgets.

Click on the newly-installed network icon and you should then see, in graphical form, the networks available. Click on your network and you will then be able to configure. However, if you can get hold of WICD that will be far better as using the other way means you will gave to type a password evry time you boot up to connect.

Good luck!

Comment

Yay, I have the wicd network manager.
      The rest won't be a problem.
      Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Great

When you get it working would you be good enough to put "solved" in the title of your first thread?

Comment

Re: Problems with recognizing Wireless Card (solved)

of course. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
          X