This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adobe Flash Player 10 for Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackapole

I downloaded the file "install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz" from Adobe's website, but I need help getting it to work. Where do I save it? How do I install it (is there an executable file or a terminal command I could use)?

Any help is much appreciated.

Re: Adobe Flash Player 10 for Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackapole

You should find the flashplugin-installer for version: 10.0.22.87 in kmenu->system->kpackagekit
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

You can also drop into konsole and run sudo apt-get kubuntu-restricted-extras. Easiest way to install Flash that I've run across

Comment

So, do I really need to download the file "install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz" from Adobe's website?

In other words can I do what the posts above from mchunt3 and Fintan say without download anything from Adobe's website?

Comment

So, do I really need to download the file "install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz" from Adobe's website?
          IN a word: no
          In other words can I do what the posts above from mchunt3 and Fintan say without download anything from Adobe's website?
          In a second word : yep

Welcome to the party
          HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
          4 GB Ram
          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

I am assuming you are running firefox if so then you can just copy the libflashplayer.so to

~/.mozilla/plugins

to check it's work just type aboutlugins in the address bar

Comment

Originally posted by mchunt3
              You can also drop into konsole and run sudo apt-get kubuntu-restricted-extras. Easiest way to install Flash that I've run across

What is the difference between "sudo apt-get" and "sudo aptitude install"?

Comment

aptitude is a little smarter than apt-get.

Comment

Also, in some cases aptitude has super cow powers. Unfortunately the version that ships with Ubuntu does not

Comment

I downloaded the file "install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz" first from an ubuntu website because the adobe flash site didn't have a download button (even though there was a pulldown menu), then "flashplugin-installer - 10.0.42.34ubuntu0.9.10.1 (i386)" in kpackagekit, and finally updated my "kubuntu_restricted_extras" in bash.

On Facebook, attempts to access web pages with flash applications in Firefox loads only a blank page.

Aboutlugins shows both versions

File name: libflashplayer.so
                    Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42

... ...

File name: libflashplayer.so
                    Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
                    I've heard that these might conflict, has this shown to be true in your experience? How do I fix this and get my my flash player to work? It worked before I tried updating my version of flash.

Comment

You seem to have two flash plugins installed which is probably causing the problem you have.

Installing kubuntu-restricted-extras installs flash for you, so you didn't really have to install flash separately, but it shouldn't do any harm since it shouldn't install flash twice.

The question is what did you do with the file you downloaded from Adobe. If nothing, then it shouldn't be a problem either.

I would remove both kubuntu-restricted-extras and flashplugin-installer in konsole:
                      Code:
                      sudo aptitude remove kubuntu-restricted-extras flashplugin-installer
                      and then open firefox and see what you have under plugins. If you still have a flash plugin there it's best if you delete it. First find where it is:
                      Code:
                      locate libflashplayer.so
                      possible places to remove it from:
                      ~/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
                      or somewhere under
                      /usr/share/mozilla
                      or
                      /usr/share/ubufox/plugins (this is where it's at in Lucid)

Delete those files and then reinstall kubuntu-restricted-extras:
                      Code:
                      sudo aptitude install kubuntu-restricted-extras
                      Restart your firefox and check if you can see flash content now.

Comment

Working...
                      X