X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(K)ubuntu on Intel-Macs?

Hi!
    Is there a possibility to run Kubuntu or Ubuntu on the new MacBooks with Intel chip?
    Thanks.

Re: (K)ubuntu on Intel-Macs?

I have an Intel Mac Mini and a MacBook and they both run Ubuntu pretty much flawlessly.
    should be able to: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1067767

edit: I don't know which version you download though, I'd guess the PC x86 version though.
    <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Thanks very much, I will try.
      Sorry, but I really didn't find the small search button, I looked for a field to write the search words....

Comment

I just used the UbuntuForums.org search plugin for Firefox: http://mycroft.mozdev.org/download.h...mitform=Search
        <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

I'have a CD of Kubuntu and there is some question before intsalling that:
          did all MacBOOK device work on Kubuntu Linux 6.10 EDGY? Is Kunbuntu EDGY recognize-it? If not, Where I can find all missing driver?? I am waiting for you anwser. I hope you bring me a anwser.

NiWoRsT.

Comment

No idea. But you can try the LiveCD to check it for yourself.

Javier.

Comment

hum...
              LiveCD what do you mean by that

NiWoRsT

Comment

A LiveCD is a CD that contains a Linux version that can be started from the cd. Just pop on the CD and turn on the computer. It will boot from it and bring and open a full Linux distro.

You can't save anything (unless you use a USB drive) and it will be slower than a hard disk install, but it will let you try the system before installing it

There are to kind of Kubuntu CD's:
                - The LiveCD: it's the usual installation disk, if you see an option to install or start kubuntu when booting from it, it's a live CD
                - The Alternate install CD: it has a text-driven installer and is used to perform "special" installations (like software RAID).

Javier.

Comment

oki thx.

NiWoRsT.

Comment

Working...
                  X