Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dashboard Widgets gone | Problem became worse!

here you go /etc/network/interfaces
    Code:
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback
    #iface ra0 inet dhcp
    #wpa-ssid Network_Name
    #wpa-psk Network-Passphrase
    #auto ra0
    In wicd, WPA Supplicant driver is set on wext (which I did try before).
    I am trying to figure out what was different from previous tests but I can't think of anything (signal was 100% at all times and Livebox on 'accept' mode)

Single boot Kubuntu12.04 on Zepto NoxA14 Intel Dual Core 2GHz (64-bit), RAM 4Go, Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT

Comment

Your interfaces is looking fine. If I may be so bold (as indeed I am), I reckon there is some misunderstanding here (may even be on my side ).

Whatever, as soon as you want a daemon like knetworkmanager or wicd take control of your connections, you need to have the interfaces file just like you have. Also, you had to reboot so that the proper daemon for wicd got started and it could actually kick in and do its work properly.

Likely that you will never have to touch anything in that area again until you reinstall
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

So IIUC, the wireless is now working. When you boot wicd is starting and the wireless is coming up and staying up. That sounds like success to me, so now try it for awhile and see if you still have lockup problems.

Comment

Re: [solved] Dashboard Widgets gone | Digikam bug /KDE4 | network settings & wicd

it connects on first reboot.
          if I open wicd from the tray icon, the wicd window displayed is completely blank (just 'wicd manager' and top tool bar such as minimise and close).
          If I open wicd from launcher, a second wicd window opens, with the right display. I can disconnect and reconnect.
          on second reboot this bug disappear. I will let you know if it shows again. I played with connect/disconnect, opening/exit wicd, wireless switch on/off
          on third reboot, everything still all right.

thank you for explaining on so many topics and sorry for not being very clear all the time. looks like this problem is solved!
          Single boot Kubuntu12.04 on Zepto NoxA14 Intel Dual Core 2GHz (64-bit), RAM 4Go, Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT

Comment

Working...
          X