This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notes Plasmoid Stuck on Kicker

I am really just getting started with Kubuntu. I managed to put a Notes Plasmoid onto the Kicker at the bottom of the screen. I just dragged the default one that appears on the main desktop down to the task bar, as I did not see a way to minimize it. But it did not minimize or iconify. I cannot figure out how to get rid of it. We are talking about an open Notes Plasmoid, not the icon version. When I right click on it, I get the menu appropriate for editing the content within the plasmoid (which is actually possible in this 2-line version). I am unable to get any menu that gives me the option of deleting it from the Kicker. How can I get rid of it?

Re: Notes Plasmoid Stuck on Kicker

Just a thought. Have you tried deactivating "lock widgets"?

Right click on desktop ->"unlock widgets"
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by Fintan
      Have you tried deactivating "lock widgets"?
      Actually, it was not activated in the first place.

I was able to make the open plasmoid go away by deleting the .kde configuration folder for my user account and rebooting. But that sort of solution is only good when you have no big investment in your current configuration. So a less drastic way of recovering from this situation would still be desirable.

I suspect this is a bug in the Notes Plasmoid. It does not appear to behave rationally when it is placed in a too small container.

Comment

Well yes del .kde is a bit drastic

what version on kde4 / kubuntu are you running?
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
        X