X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where is kcontrol?

Originally posted by GreyGeek
    Originally posted by ecs1749

"Right mouse on the panel" - which panel. I tried "System Settings" -> "Network Settings" and right clicked everywhere. There is no "Panel option"?

Regards,
    There is only one panel on the KDE4 desktop (after a fresh install, unless you add more). The panel is that blue band at the bottom of the screen. It has the K-gears icon on the left, a folder icon with a gold star on it just to the right, and a bunch more icons on the right, including the date and time. On the panel is a little black box with three or four small icons in it ( usually Kmix, wallet, clipboard, bluetooth). See it now?
    Okay, that's call the "panel". Okay, I did that and brought up the "Add Widget" and typed in "Network Manager". No hit.

If this is the same Network Manager I found elsewhere, then I've used it. It becomes like a globe next to the "wallet", right? That's the one that give me a blank set of icon menus (no text, just blank spaces and icon on the left).

I'm upgrading to 9.04 to see if things work better.

Thanks,

Comment

Re: Where is kcontrol?

Originally posted by GreyGeek

"Right mouse on the panel" - which panel. I tried "System Settings" -> "Network Settings" and right clicked everywhere. There is no "Panel option"?

Regards,
      There is only one panel on the KDE4 desktop (after a fresh install, unless you add more). The panel is that blue band at the bottom of the screen. It has the K-gears icon on the left, a folder icon with a gold star on it just to the right, and a bunch more icons on the right, including the date and time. On the panel is a little black box with three or four small icons in it ( usually Kmix, wallet, clipboard, bluetooth). See it now?
      Okay, that's call the "panel". Okay, I did that and brought up the "Add Widget" and typed in "Network Manager". No hit.

If this is the same Network Manager I found elsewhere, then I've used it. It becomes like a globe next to the "wallet", right? That's the one that give me a blank set of icon menus (no text, just blank spaces and icon on the left).

I'm upgrading to 9.04 to see if things work better.

Thanks,
      Right. The multi-ringed globe. Blank icons are a problem. You are right in just running the Kubuntu 9.04 beta iso as a LiveCD and installing it. The first thing after you install it and get a desktop ready to use, pop open a konsole and issue
      sudo apt-get upgrade
      and when that is done
      sudo apt-get dist-update

Then, install firefox and browse to the medibuntu website to install the things mentioned there. I also install kplayer, VLC, mplayer, aviplayer and several other codecs.

I am running 9.04 beta, and it is working very well. (I first installed the 9.04 Alpha5 and have been doing the upgrades every since. )
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X