This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kopete / Gmail Talk settings

Could someone please guide me (step-by-step) through the process of setting up Gmail talk in Kopete?
    I'm doing something wrong somewhere, and don't know where. I've tried various google searches and check against the settings that I've got; do a restart on Kopete but nothing.
    All the others work great MSN, AIM, Yahoo

Thanks in advance

Re: Kopete / Gmail Talk settings

I don't use google talk, so I don't know if there are pending issues with it, but first check that you have the qca-ossl plugin installed (package "libqca2-plugin-ossl").

If you already have it installed or the connection won't work after installing it, post your google talk settings from kopete (server, ports etc.) so we can see if there is anything wrong with your settings...and make sure your firewall doesn't block the connection (if you have enabled a firewall).

EDIT: Oops, you didn't specify which version of kde/kopete you are using...if you are on kde3, you may need the "qca-tls" package.

Comment

Look at http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/...ger?page=0%2C1
      "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
      "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Sorry guys, I'm being a real 'clever' woman today.

I'm using Ubuntu 9.4 Beta with Kubuntu/KDE 4 - loving every second of it. Since discovering some of the inner settings used to customised windows, backgrounds etc. I've fallen in love once again.

Please give me the konsole input to instal qca-ossl plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by snowflake_nz
          Please give me the konsole input to instal qca-ossl plugin.
          Code:
          sudo apt-get install libqca2-plugin-ossl
          arochester's link will give the details for a google talk connection.

Comment

Hi there

tried but nothing worked. It's okay. I'll just use Pidgin for google and kopete for yahoo and msn

Comment

Well, I just tried connecting (to an existing gmail account), and kopete connects quite happily on my end.

Did you try restarting kopete after installing the plugin?
              And did you follow arochester's link details (changing server to talk.google.com, and enabling ssl)?

Comment

Hi thanks for that. Told you guys that I was being stupid. Didn't enable SSL.
                It's working a charm now

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL

Comment

Working...
                X