This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI Radeon, Desktop Effects, Compiz, Avant Window Manager

Hi, just thought id share some experiences with the above subject matter..
    So i'm running an Asus MV51r, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 Ghz, Mobility Radeon HD 3400, Intel 5100 wifi blah blah
    I'm dual booting vista, and also sometimes booting Backtrack 3 off my USB, depending what im up too...

I had a bit of trouble with the whole compiz/awn curse, i searched around and found that there is no fix as it wasnt compatible with the ati card, and basically to give up..
    I found this out after getting everything nice and neat, rearranging my desktop, making some nice apps on the awn dock,making a small panel and then rebooted and it hangs just as the music plays, the litle bouncing kubuntu logo wasnt moving..
    mouse sill works, but doesnt do a thing. (it was hanging on hardware driver)
    Restart and when i come back to login in, i changed session type to KDE, not Default... hey it works...
    So i turned off Desktop Effects under System Settings.. and when i reboot, i go and turn all the compiz/awn stuff off, and turn it back on when i restart, annoying yes but better than nothing.
    I think it opens compiz etc before loading the graphics driver, thus causing it to hang....
    So best bet load normally then open compiz..
Working...
X