Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I assign clicking my mousebuttons on the desktop like Xubuntu?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I assign clicking my mousebuttons on the desktop like Xubuntu?

Well.... strange subject, I agree. Just didn't really know how to express myself.

The question is easy though. In Xubuntu I can set clicking mousewheel and buttons in empty areas of the desktop to neat things like changing workspace or giving me the entire kickoffmenu rather than just the normal run command, unlock graphic components, appearance settings etc. This is great and must be possible to do in Kubuntu as well I hope. But how?

thanks for helping...

Anders

Re: How do I assign clicking my mousebuttons on the desktop like Xubuntu?

System --> System Settings --> Mouse & Keyboard
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Yes?

Still don't get it.

Anders

Comment

Originally posted by AndersBrontosaurus
        Yes?

Still don't get it.
        Okay. Using the mouse, click on the "start" button, which is a "K" with a partial gear around it in the lower left corner, at the end of what is called the "panel".

A menu structure of some sort will pop up (classic or kickoff). If your menu is set to the "Kickoff Application Launcher", which is default, then you will see a series of icons displayed along the bottom of the popup, one of which is labled "Applications". What shows next on the popup is a list of applications menus, one of which says "System". Click on it.
        What shows next is a list of actual applications, one of which is labeled "System Settings". Click it. The menu structure will go away and the KDE4 setup dialog will appear (systemsettings is the name of the application). One of the icons on it will be "Keyboard & Mouse".
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

My mistake.
          I do understand how to get there but what then? can't find where to change the setting. It can be done like this in Xubuntu: file:///usr/share/xfce4/doc/C/xfdesktop.html (scroll down to behaviour tab fig.6)and even if you've kindly shown me the way i'm not able to find the right settting.

thank you for your patience

Anders

Comment

Originally posted by AndersBrontosaurus
            My mistake.
            I do understand how to get there but what then? can't find where to change the setting. It can be done like this in Xubuntu: file:///usr/share/xfce4/doc/C/xfdesktop.html (scroll down to behaviour tab fig.6)and even if you've kindly shown me the way i'm not able to find the right settting.

thank you for your patience

Anders
            OK, let's forget the menu structure and cut to the chase (mobo_hacker will love this! )

Press Alt+Ctl+F2 to open a Konsole, which is similar to a DOS box. Issue the following command:
            sudo systemsettings
            and enter your account password when asked.

The dialog that displays is the KDE settings management applications (the binary is "systemsettings"). It has two tabs, "General" and "Advanced". The default is the General Tab. In the left panel on the "General Tab" are two icons that look like keyboards. Click on them one at a time and notice what appears in the right panel. What to do should be obvious from there.

Comment

That's mando, as in mandolin, and I do.

Comment

Originally posted by mando_hacker
                That's mando, as in mandolin, and I do.
                I "knew" that! See how short my memory is?

Comment

Working...
                X