Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I zoom out desktop. (it seems to happen at random).

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I zoom out desktop. (it seems to happen at random).

Hi ... sometimes, all of a sudden at seemingly random times (perhaps in an hour or two), my entire desktop zooms out and I can see all my open windows in a mini form. I think it is pretty cool because I can select whichever window I want to go to. But this seems to happen on its own when I move the mouse (especially after not moving it for a long time).

Can I get this desktop zoom out on my own ? I tried every possible combination of mouse clicks, movements, wheel scroll etc. I am using Kubuntu 8.10 with KDE 4.1.2.

Re: How do I zoom out desktop. (it seems to happen at random).

Try pushing your mouse into the upper left corner. I think that is the default. Then go into K->System Settings->Desktop->Screen edges and play a little.

Comment

Originally posted by mando_hacker
      Try pushing your mouse into the upper left corner. I think that is the default. Then go into K->System Settings->Desktop->Screen edges and play a little.
      Thnks.. upper left corner works. But there is no "screen edges" any where in the SystemSettings->Desktop or any other tab that I could find.

Comment

Interesting. There are a couple of possibilities. One is that the KDE 4.2.1 I am using is a little different than what you are using. I am using Jaunty, which I think is now Beta, and you are probably using Intrepid, so screen edges might not be there. The other is that my directions were not entirely complete. Once you open SystemSettings->Desktop you can choose one of four categories on the left. Desktop Effects shows the Screen Edges tab in my system. If it does not in yours you might have to upgrade using the backports, or upgrade to Jaunty. Jaunty will be released in less than a month and is very nice. Maybe be patient and then upgrade when it is released?

Comment

Once again I'm writing from memory, but I think the screen edges (and keyboard shortcuts) for desktop effects can be set in the settings of the desktop effect itself in KDE4.1 (the screen edges tab is KDE4.2)

So if you wish to set a screen edge for "Expose" effect, for example, go to Expose settings in System Settings>Desktop>Desktop Effects>All Effects (there is a "wrench" button associated with the effects that have additional settings)

Comment

Working...
          X