This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Resolution Issues

Hello, I've recently installed Kubuntu on a older PC I have and I have one issue that needs fixed... I don't have any options for a screen rez outside of 640x480... The hardware however supports 1024x768 (both LCD monitor and nforce 2 onboard video chip). This guy is almost unusable @ 640x480... I need some way to get at least 800x600 if not the LCD's native rez of 1024x768...

Re: Screen Resolution Issues

Did you install the correct video driver? I believe the 172 driver will work. restart after installing and then go into the system settings panel and then the display icon. You should be able to change resolution here.

Macken

Comment

Re: Screen Resolution Issues

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, but...

I have what Kubuntu swears is the correct driver, both the binary and before that the open source one... I've even specifically picked the 172 before for install... both the 'Nvidia server applet' and the screen resolution screen in the system area both only list 640x480 @ 50 Hz of all things...

Edit: Not that it matters right now... This morning that system decided my wired network connection didn't exist... So no internet connectivity and it's on the system end...

Comment

Working...
      X