This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kubuntu 8.10 Live USB Persistence

Thanks. I'll be sure to keep a good amount of free space left on the disk.

Comment

Ugh! Now I have another problem. I have an Nvidia 8600GT card, and te drivers just don't seem to install. I downloaded the 177 drivers, and it said it required a restart. Once I restarted, there was no GUI- it was just the terminal. I'm confused now. The drivers worked fine when I was on the LiveCD- I tried it by doing cntrl+alt+backspace. But here in the LiveUSB, I reastart and get no GUI. I should also mention, I selected the option to check the CD (USB) for defects at startup, and it said that there was 1 file which had an error. Is this normal? Please help.

Thanks.

Comment

1 error? -- I should think you shouldn't get any errors, at any time.
        But, the graphics card deal, I don't know much at all about it. Maybe search the forum or post such. I'm sure dibl covers no GUI (video related) in his Top 20 FAQ:
        http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3099811.0
        And, finally, you are sure you are not out of space, right? Meaning that you need to leave somewhere between 5% and 15% free space.
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

If you had been using the nv driver you probably need to
          sudo nvidia-xconfig
          to set your xorg.conf file to use nvidia.

Comment

Qqmike: I am sure I have enough free space left on the drive. I will have to look into that 1 error then....

Mando_Hacker: Thanks. I'll try that.

Comment

Working...
            X