X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with IEEE1394 firewire

Hi,

First of all thanks for a great forum!!

I have a problem with my firewire card in Kino. It says that 'The raw1394 module must be loaded,'

Can anyone help me load this module?

Re: Problem with IEEE1394 firewire

Is your camera or 1394 device hooked up and powered up. If so, check dmesg to ensure the driver loaded. If it did load, you may have a permissions problem.

I just hooked my Canon ZR900 up to my new laptop the other day - it loaded the driver, but i was getting the same problem due to permissions. The fix for this is pretty easy...

So I checked /etc/udev/rules/40-permissions.rules file. It didn't exist on my system, so I created it and added the following line to it: KERNEL=="raw1394", GROUP="video". If it already exists then, find the raw1394 and change the GROUP= from what ever it is to GROUP="video". If it's not in there, then add the line I added. Then ensure your log in has access to the group: K-menu-->Computer-->System Settings-->Advanced-->User Management-->Groups, select "Show System Groups" then find video, and see if your user name is listed. If not, hit the modify button and then add your username.

Once all that is done, re-boot and your set to go. :-)

Comment

Working...
    X