This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just loaded and already have some problems

Hi I have just loaded the latest Kubuntu (64bit) as I have just started loading up my new computer. WinXP is fine but Kubuntu is not. Well it wasn't bad until I started loading things up and loading the updates. After the updates the whole face of the system changed to Akonadi. Since then I have no keyboard, no sound, no internet, in fact no rights at all! As it finished loading up after the reboot it stated I have no rights and can't change anything. So do I try and resolve it going back and forth from Windows to Kubuntu? Or is it best to reload?

I have a dual core AMD Athlon6000 3.1GHz with 4BG memory, that should be enough to drive Kubuntu. The graphics card is a Nvidia 9400GT

So am looking forward to see if anyone can help. I seem to be going through Linx operating systems and not resolving the problems. I would like to stick with the Kubuntu if I can.

Thanks

Tony

Re: Just loaded and already have some problems

By 'latest' do you mean Jaunty?? If 'yes,' you are aware, that this is still an Alpha stage release, and as such, is still prone to breakage?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      By 'latest' do you mean Jaunty?? If 'yes,' you are aware, that this is still an Alpha stage release, and as such, is still prone to breakage?
      Ok, where does that leave me? What can I do?
      Tony

Comment

Download and install either version 8.04 or 8.10.

IndyTim

Comment

Running 8.10 on a simlar setup. Have had no problems since installed, other than the ones of my own creation. Make sure to download the correct version--amd64-- . After install, screen will probabley flicker due to the driver. Let system update first, restart, and then install the correct driver for video. All should work fine.

macken

Comment

Working...
          X