This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kde 4.2

If i start firefox 3.07 in kde 4.2, when i quit firefox and restart it then it
    says that a copy of firefox is still running.

So i checked ps -ax and there were three parts running, kill them then i
    can restart firefox.

Hope someone can help
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." --- Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: kde 4.2

sounds like the problem is more with Firefox than KDE 4.2
    # make install --not-war

Comment

Firfox 3.07 works fine with kde 3.5.
      releases all programs in ps -ax
      "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." --- Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

I see this occasionally, but it's pretty rare.. and usually a nonissue.

This is more of a problem with Firefox, as opposed to KDE4.

try this in a terminal:

Code:
        kill $(pgrep firefox)

Comment

If you installed it from the repos, then it might happen every so often. Sometimes the solution is to wait a few more seconds before trying to relaunch FF.

If you downloaded it from Mozilla website, then it'll happen every single time you close it and try to relaunch it. You'd always need to kill the processes before reopening it.
          Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
          Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
          Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
          Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

If you re-read the OP's posts, the same version of FF (3.07) has two different results after quitting. The differnce seems to be the fact that he's running KDE3 in one condition and KDE4 in the other. So just to clarify for everyone's sake,this would be a FF problem how?
            The next brick house on the left
            Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

well, if you've ever installed ff from the CLI you'll notice it also installs ubufox, gnome-support among other things. I didn't realize it until I posted something regarding the FF crashes a while back, it means there's no real KDE support for FF either in Hardy or Intrepid... so there's always a possibility that it'll crash every so often due to some incompatibility or wrong command or missing lines, etc.
              Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
              Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
              Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
              Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

I have kubuntu kde 3.5 8.04 running on removable hard drive

kubuntu 8.10 running on other removable hard drive

Comment

Originally posted by Bill_Terry135
                  I have kubuntu kde 3.5 8.04 running on removable hard drive

kubuntu 8.10 running on other removable hard drive
                  Have you tried writing a bug on this?
                  The next brick house on the left
                  Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

FF3 leaving behind threads which would later time out and close, displaying a msg that FireFox has closed, even though YOU closed it minutes ago. Deleting those threads with System Monitor or the kill command was the only way to restart FF3.

But, a few days ago, for me, one of the updates seem to fix it and now FF3 closes everything when it closes.

Try

sudo apt-get udpate
                    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

and see if that clears up a lot of issues, including those with FF3
                    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
                    X