X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nvidia

for some reason i cant turn on the nvidia driver any ideas

Re: nvidia

do you have an internet connection? The installation requires one iirc.

mm0
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

i sorted it and ya i do have thanks any way

Comment

after installing the driver when i click on options the writing doesn't show up

Comment

can you explain further? I'm not getting what you mean?
          Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Ok, like if you select one of the options on the tool bar (or any where) the rectangle that they come up in is blank no writing

Comment

click on options in what? Any application, or something specific? I thought we were talking about the nvidia driver...

Comment

any application

Comment

not sure what would be causing that, never seen it before.

Comment

OK, I just found a related post...what nvidia card do you have, and which driver did you install? If it is below the 6000 series, you can't use the nvidia driver with the new xorg server, you will need to either use the open source nv driver (no desktop effects), or get a new card.

mm0

P.S. the related post can be found here.

Comment

VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200]
                      works just fine with Intrepid and Jaunty, using Nvidia 173 driver. It even runs compiz.

Comment

I don,t no what kind of card it is i got the PC second hand i tryed 173 and thats the same i,ll try another one now what is the open source one

Comment

ok i got it working again with the 96 one thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                          X