This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help i'm totally lost - and i'm beginning to hate my kubuntu

yes, it is...so it's an atheros device...I'm pretty sure it is supported, what I don't know is if the drivers are installed by default...I would do a google search for 'atheros wifi in linux' and see what you can find...my guess is that youwill need to install some sort of driver for the wifi.

mm0
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

uf...found something but it seams complicated...ok i installed synaptic...is there some normal way...as download install?
      found some solutions with tons of typing wich i really don't understand ... i wanna use wi-fi ....i hate this line over my livingroom

Comment

see the 6th post here.

see if that helps...

one thing though...anytime you see 'gedit' change it to 'kate' or 'kwrite'. These are just the differences in text editing files...gnome (ubuntu) uses gedit, and KDE (Kubuntu) uses kate.

I know that the CLI (command line interface) can seem intimidating at first...it sure did to me, but once you have used it a few times, it's easy...the nice thing is that once you have something worked out, copy all the commands to a text file, and if you ever have to reinstall, you can just paste the commands in. I have a running file that I use just for that purpose!

mm0
        Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Working...
        X