This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more problem I have with Kubutu.

I installed it good. But for some reason, everytime It loads the screen, he little blue bar that moves from left to right gets stuck. So to speed it up, I have to hold a key on my pc like enter or spacebar for it to work. I need to figure out how to fix this, please help.

Re: One more problem I have with Kubutu.

The problem is not a blue bar.

When the boot menu pops up (assuming you see a boot menu), press "e" to edit, then cursor to the line that looks like this:

kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.27-11-generic root=UUID=4ee99d57-a4e3-4381-a900-7a57cfa9eea2 ro vga=788 quiet splash
    and delete the word "splash", and then press enter, and then make sure the line that looks like this:
    kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.27-11-generic root=UUID=4ee99d57-a4e3-4381-a900-7a57cfa9eea2 ro vga=788 quiet
    is highlighted, and press "b" to boot it. Now you won't see the blue bar, you will see the real boot messages. Watch for where it stops for awhile. Don't press the spacebar, just watch it. Write down whatever it is doing that takes a long time. Then search this forum or use Google to learn more about what is going on.

Hint: If it involves "fsck" or "e2fsck" it is doing a filesystem check, which it needs to finish once ever 30 or so boots, so you don't want to stop that.

Comment

Do you mean when it tells me to press f9 for the booting settings? If so, the laptop wont allow me to do that. It's like, it ignores me completely with that option. Besides this, I don't really understand what you mean by seeing a boot menu.

Comment

No, what he is saying is you can edit the boot process so you see all the processes loading one by one rather than the kubuntu "blue bar". You are meant to do this when the grub boot menu (which gives you the chance to pick between 'buntu and Windows (i presume).

Possibly an easier thing for you will be, as soon as you see the kubuntu logo to hit either alt+F1 or Ctrl+F1 - sorry I cannot remember which one it is but it's most likely Alt+F1. That will have the same effect but for one boot only.

Look carefully and let us know where it sticks.

Comment

Working...
        X