Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help, I think I screwed up my laptop..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please help, I think I screwed up my laptop..

Originally posted by krud14
    Ok. Just to clarify things, I am using Kubuntu 8.10. I have done everything you said, and tried to set up a new connection but it still doesnt work. The etho1 thing appears. But for some reason, it's not connecting & I also put it on auto connect as well. Quick question though.. When I am setting up a new connection, am I suppose to manually set it up by putting in the ip adress, netmask, gateway, etc? If so, then how will I find all of this info. I am still new to this, so it would really help if you'd explain this really simple to me.
    No, you should probably use dhcp, which automatically gets those from your router.
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Re: Please help, I think I screwed up my laptop..

Originally posted by krud14
      Ok. Just to clarify things, I am using Kubuntu 8.10. I have done everything you said, and tried to set up a new connection but it still doesnt work. The etho1 thing appears. But for some reason, it's not connecting & I also put it on auto connect as well. Quick question though.. When I am setting up a new connection, am I suppose to manually set it up by putting in the ip adress, netmask, gateway, etc? If so, then how will I find all of this info. I am still new to this, so it would really help if you'd explain this really simple to me.
      You said you were using a USB cable from your wireless router. Use an ETHERNET CAT5 cable and connect it to the enthernet port on the back of your laptop. Every laptop has one. Then reboot. You should have an automatic ethernet connection when your desktop appears.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X