This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

desktop folder gone? Solved

hey people,you no the transparent folder in the top left with your home folder on it, well it has disappeared and i cannot find it in the settings, does anybody no where it is or how to make it active again? cheers.

Re: desktop folder gone?

Right click on the desktop and select appearance settings.

You will then see at the top of the resulting box folder view and desktop view. Select folder view. A transparent folder will appear but with your home directory. Right click on it and select folder view settings and select the desktop option. The folder will then change to show your desktop icons.

Importantly, when you have done this right click on your desktop and select "lock widgets" which will prevent accidental deletion.

ian

Comment

hi again ian, all i get is "desktop setting" and when i go into that there is no option like you describe, or atleast none that i can see? cheers.

Comment

It should be within the "desktop settings" when you right click.

At the top of the pane you will get 2 options :

Desktop - which will put you desktop icons straight on the desktop in the old-fashioned way and

Folder view - which will create the transparent pane that will at first contain your home folder but which you can change with "folder view" settings.

If you are still struggling you can try clicking on the "cashew" and selecting appearance settings then proceeding as suggested.

ian

Comment

Create another one by

Right click on Desktop, select Add Widgets
          Select Folder View
          Click Add Widget

By default it will show your home directory. If you place the cursor on the folder a toolbar will pop up. Select the wrench and the "Show Desktop Folder" if that is what you want to see.

Comment

@mando_hacker and liqidator, got it! cheers cheers again, now have then locked and not going anywhere ha ha, again many thanks chaps. 8)

Comment

Working...
            X